While other fashion brands are all about trying to get you to buy MORE, we have decided to dial it back. Why? Well, the truth is you don’t need to buy more. In fact, you need to buy less. And we’re not going to tell you you need to do something when you quite simply don’t. I mean, call us crazy, but we’re genuine like that.
Also, something else we’ve noticed? People are exhausted from having to buy things that just fall apart, and make us feel ashamed. SO.MUCH.BUYING. SO.MUCH.THROWING.OUT. SO.MUCH.SHAME. And throwing out, and buying, and throwing out, and shame.
We’ve realised that thoughtful shopping is the key to happiness and we dig it.
We’ve been talking about this for a while, but now we’ve decided to show you. Because the truth of the matter is when you choose well and high-quality pieces, you need less, less often. But more than that, when you choose Stella, you get to create more from the outfits you buy.
Keen to know how? Read on!
We have created two scenarios below for you to see how you can wear Stella from AUD $42 an outfit all year round.
LET’S BE CLEAR.
It’s from AUD $42 an outfit for luxury, high-quality childrenswear that will not only last, be comfortable, and delight your little love endlessly, but will also be the envy of everyone else on the playground! (Note: also, can be passed on to siblings/friends/family, put in a keepsake box, or on-sold to someone else when you are finished!)
We’ve split our scenario’s into size ranges for simplicity, but bear in mind that often we have pieces that cross over all sizes too.
Scenario 1: Sizes 1-5
We’ve taken 3 statement outfits: The Evangeline Playsuit, The Juno Set (dress and playsuit pants) and The Carla Skirt and created 9 different looks using the kind of cute, staple pieces you likely already have in your mini’s wardrobe (or would be planning on buying anyway). Remember: while we’ve created 9 looks, you can create way more, especially if you already have Stella in your wardrobe!
Here you can see we’ve:
- Attached The Evangeline Mushroom top to the DIVINE wine Carla Skirt for a new ultimate glam dress
- Layered all the outfits for winter, and popped some leggings or socks on with The Juno for cooler days.
- Paired the gorgeous pink satin playsuit bottoms of The Evangeline with a cute little cardigan (tights and boots are great too!)
- Pop a different coloured playsuit pant on with The Juno, here we have paired it with the pink Evangeline playsuit pants
- While the wine coloured playsuit bottoms in the Juno set don’t have buttonholes, fear not – you can still create new outfits with them. Simply pop on your little loves favourite leotard/blouse/studded bodysuit underneath the bloomers (or even the Juno dress itself) and, voila!
Note: If you threw The Indianna May Dress into the mix, we could also pair The Indianna May top with the pink Evangeline bloomers and the mushroom flutter top of The Evangeline with the floral Indianna May skirt! New playsuit and dress!
Total RRP for The Evangeline, The Juno and The Carla Skirt: AUD $378.
Cost per outfit created through mix and match, plus layering and styling pieces on their own: from AUD $42.
Scenario 2: Size 5-10
Again, we’ve taken 3 core pieces: The Fleur Jumpsuit, The Indianna May Dress and The Carla Skirt and created 9 different outfits. Again: remember while we’ve created 9 looks, you can create way more, especially if you already have Stella in your wardrobe!
- Despite the fact The Fleur only has one button which deviates from the classic Stella two-button look, it’s still hugely versatile. Not only can you layer or wear it on its own, but the tailored, sparkly culotte style pant is super stylish when worn with a mustard cardigan (purple or dark grey would look lovely too)
- The Indianna May Dress can be worn floral on floral, or floral on wine velvet by pairing The Carla Skirt.
- You can also wear The Carla Skirt on its own, or the floral skirt on its own with your favourite little top.
Additional option: As with above, you could pair the mushroom flutter top of The Evangeline with the Indianna May floral skirt, or Indianna May top with the pink playsuit pants!
If you wanted you could throw in some bows as well – attach a bow to a collared shirt as a bow tie or to a hat! There are so many options it’s enough to make anyone dizzy, but the sweet little sketches we’ve done illustrate some examples!
Total RRP for The Fleur, The Indianna May and The Carla Skirt: AUD $466.
Cost per outfit created through mix and match, plus layering and styling pieces on their own: from AUD $51.
What about exposed buttonholes?
Never fear, we have a clever solution to ensure you always have a polished look. We have created special Stella Phoenix aged brass buttons that sit in lonely buttonholes to complete your outfit when bottom pieces are worn on their own (if you’d like to order some, get in touch!)
Shopping Stella is about thinking differently about your purchases. When you look at it from this perspective, not only is it affordable, but it’s a MUST HAVE. Yes, AUD $197 alone might seem like a lot for a dress to some, however when you realise:
- How easy (and frankly fun!) it is to get more out of your investment
- The quality and beauty of what your little love gets to wear and;
- The fact that our pieces are ethically made with love in Australia
One must ask themselves, why would you bother with fast fashion again?
Happy shopping (and styling!)
Ps. We’re always happy to help you with styling – just get in touch!