PSSL Pty Ltd, trading as Stella Phoenix (“Stella Phoenix”) (ABN 21 634 837 899 ) are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers according to the Australian Privacy Principles (the APP) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. We aim to take reasonable steps in implementing practices, procedures and systems appropriate to our business activities that ensures our compliance with the APP and GDPR and enables us to deal with related complaints and enquiries. This policy statement outlines our commitment, including the way we collect, store and use your personal or sensitive information and who to contact should you wish to:
- access or correct your personal or sensitive information or;
- enquire or submit a complaint about your privacy.
Stella Phoenix specialises in the design, manufacture and sale of luxury children’s fashion. The nature of the services provided means that we may collect personal information about our clients, including:
- contact details such as your full name, address, email address and phone numbers;
- payment information such as credit card details
- personal information about their children (such as their clothing size).
Any information collected is done so only when it is required to provide products or services to clients.
This privacy statement is available on our website (www.stella-phoenix.com) and you can request a printed copy at any time, free of charge, by contacting our Privacy Officer as outlined in Clause 11.0.
2.1 What is personal or sensitive information?
Personal or sensitive information is any information or opinion about an identified or reasonably identifiable person and includes your information, whether;
- true or not;
- materially recorded or not
Examples of personal information we collect includes those listed above.
Examples of sensitive information includes, but is not limited to, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a personal or trade association or union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record, health or genetic information. PSSL Pty Ltd does not collect nor hold sensitive information about our customers.
3.0 Your rights in relation to personal information.
We respect your rights in relation to your personal information. To the extent required by law, we will comply with any request made by you to:
- know how we are using your personal information
- know what personal information is being held about you
- correct inaccurate personal information held by us about you
- erase personal information about you (subject to any requirement for us to keep records under other laws, such as taxation legislation)
- restrict the use of your personal information (understanding that this may affect our ability to provide products or services to you)
- obtain a digital copy of your personal information
You may direct any request to our Privacy Officer, whose contact details are listed below.
4.0 Sharing of your personal or sensitive information
4.1 Your personal information may be accessible by other authorised third parties, on a need to know basis, for the purpose of ensuring we can provide products and services to you as agreed and carry on our business as required. This includes but is not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions, meeting compliance obligations and operational activities.
4.2 We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf or be required to disclose personal information as compelled by law. For example, we are required to give your address and phone number to courier services and mail carriers we use to carry out our service to you. Third party handling of your personal information is according to their privacy policies. Please ensure you check such policies before placing an order.
Other companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the required service.
5.0 Use of your personal information
5.1 PSSL Pty Ltd may use your personal information for the purpose of undertaking our business activities, including, but not limited to:
- to respond to your enquiries via our website
- to provide you with our Products and Gifts
- for accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes
- to invite you to events, functions or training and provide you with updates and publications
- to add you to our mailing list where you have subscribed to our newsletter
We may also use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of products and/or services that may be of interest to you. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you may, at any time, request not to receive direct marketing communications from us or use any opt-out mechanism provided and we will comply with that request.
By providing your email address during the order process you are consenting to us contacting you about your order. This includes updating you on the progress of your order, contacting to resolve issues with your order or following up with you if your order is incomplete.
We will never sell your data. If you are under the age of 16, you will need to provide confirmation of your parent or guardian’s consent before we can process any Personal Information.
5.2 For each visit to our website (www.stella-phoenix.com), we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to, browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are at this Site.
5.3 PSSL Pty Ltd may use your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing, in a manner that you have consented to and on topics you have indicated you are interested in (by, for example, filling out a form, providing personal information or clicking to subscribe to such information). We may contact you for the purposes of direct marketing in a number of ways, including telephone, post, email or via social media (eg. Facebook, Instagram). We will not provide your personal information to other third parties for the purposes of direct marketing without your consent. You can update your preferences for direct marketing at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
You can opt out of direct marketing at any time by:
- unsubscribing via the link at the bottom of our marketing emails or;
- Unliking or unfollowing any of our social media pages
If you need help to unsubscribe, please contact us via [email protected]
6.0 Methods of collection
PSSL Pty Ltd may collect personal information in a number of ways, including, but not limited to:
- Written form (eg. Email, post, letter, fax, filling out a form, submitting an enquiry via our website or leaving a comment on social media posts or sending a message through social media, leaving your business card at an event we are hosting, placing an order on our website)
- From a third party
- From publicly available records
7.0 Storing your personal or sensitive information
7.1 PSSL Pty Ltd may store your personal information via electronic means (files, databases, documents, emails, social media accounts, website), paper files (stored in drawers and cabinets – locked where necessary). Paper files may also be held offsite in secure archive or storage facilities. Once we do receive your transmission, we will make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems. We store client information for a period of 7 years unless you request that we erase your personal information (subject to any requirement for us to keep records under other laws, such as taxation legislation
7.2 We also require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
7.3 No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user’s personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk.
8.3 You also may encounter Cookies used by third parties and placed on certain pages of the Website that we do not control and have not authorised (such as web pages created by another user). We are not responsible nor liable for the use of such Cookies.
Examples of third-party websites we use include, but are not limited to, Paypal and Afterpay to process customer payments, Facebook and Instagram for social media marketing and Mailchimp to send emails. We are not responsible nor liable for Linked Sites and recommend that you read the privacy policies of such Linked Sites before disclosing your personal information.
10.0 Accessing your personal or sensitive information
You have a right to access your personal or sensitive information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing. To obtain access to your Personal Information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- you will need to be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- We may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to us for providing access in accordance with your request.
11.0 Contacting us